Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New York, New York

I was thrilled to visit lovely New York city in November with a side trip to Philadelphia to visit the fabulous Nicole. I mostly wanted to visit with friends I hadn't seen in too long, but I also wanted to see the United Nations headquarters and my favorite museum, the Neue Galerie.



Gustav Klimt, Adele Bloch-Bauer I, 1907, oil, silver & gold on canvas, courtesy of Neue Galerie

The Neue Galerie had the beautiful painting, Adele Bloch-Bauer I on display, whose fascinating story of repatriation you can read about here.

The UN Building was a dream come true for a girl obsessed with anything international. The strong 1960s futuristic design of the building was also a thrill. Here are some photos I took at the UN:

















No comments:

Post a Comment